Friday, August 25, 2006

Missed Something Important

When I get a lot of emails at one time and haven't the time to read them all I scan for the important or personal ones and go back later to read stuff from online groups I belong to. Well, it usually works fairly well, but this time I missed a very important email. I had thought it odd that my wonderful niece Becky hadn't gotten back to me with name ideas and now I know SHE DID! I am sad that I missed her email until now. Oh well, at least I finally found it when going back through unread ones today. Here are Becky's suggestions (Thanks Sweetheart!)

For #2, how about Tranquility. The scene is very tranquil and calm.

#4 I’d call Reflections, a. the reflections in the lake and b. she seems like she’s reflecting on life.

#5 (I think I see a trend) the first thing that popped out to me was Serenity.

#13 Peaceful Grazer, he just seems calm and at peace with his surroundings.

#14 all I could think of is the beauty of the picture, so Okanagan Beauty was all I could come up with.

#22 I like sanctuary on the shuswap, or maybe just Santuary. (again, the calming trend LOL)

#28 first thing that came to my mind was The Three Muskateers.

#34 I thought of Sage Friends, you said maybe something with the word sage in it, I picked that because Sage Friends, Old friends….that kind of idea like they’d be friends their whole lives.

I really like some of these suggestions and am sad to have missed out on using them this time around. However, I am confident that I will need names for other photos in the future and these names will come in handy then... either as they are or to give me ideas :o)

Yesterday I went to Salmon Arm and turned in my entry forms and my pictures as well as the entry forms for 2 of my friends... so "the dye is cast". Now I have until September 5 to make Damson Plum Jam and Damson Plum Jelly (mmmm good stuff), sew a cushion out of recycled material (it will match the curtains I also made from recycled material) and finish weaving the table runner that's on my loom (lots left to do on it yet). These need to be turned in at the fair on Sept. 6. The fair runs Sept. 8-10. On Saturday Sept. 9, a group of 6 (me and 5 friends) will be taking part in the Sheep to Shawl Contest as we did last year (for more info, see my blog http://born2cree8.blogspot.com ) and on Sunday September 10 I will be taking part in the spinning contest (my first time). You have 2 hours to spin the weighed amount of fibre (sheep fleece) they give you and then it's all measured by being put on a skein winder. Whoever spun the longest thread wins. If it breaks while they are measuring it you loose points, so it has to be spun very thin but strong. Should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anytime aunty!