Thursday, August 24, 2006

Final Decisions

Okay... here goes:

#1- The Flow of Nature
#2- Solitude
#4- Contemplation
#5- Nature's Love Affair
#13- Garden of Eatin'
#14- Reflections of Autumn
#22- Window of Time (Wilson's "Empty Nest" helped me to see the entire picture as this)
#28- Family Forage
#34- That "Deer" Sagebrush

Now the matting. I looked into getting some mat board so I could cut my own mats. For a 11x14 piece (for an 8x10 photo) they want $12.00. I can buy pre-cut mats for $2.49 each. Louise gave me some white mats for which I am grateful. Yesterday I went to Welk Mart and looked at the pre-cut colored mats and found that they are far more striking than plain white so I bought 3 of the 11x14 mats for $2.49 each. They were closing so I didn't have time to get any more as it takes time to make decisions as to which look the best. I used them with the white ones from Louise and double matted 3 pictures. They look great, so I am going back today to get more. It is sad to buy pre-cut mats when I have a beautiful mat cutting kit I want to use, but for the difference in cost I just can't go there. Over the internet I could get a bulk amount for about $5 US a sheet (32"x40") so that's about $5.65 Canadian. (plus shipping of course). The guy in town is obviously really gouging on the price of mat board. In future maybe I can order some off the net, but for now pre-cut will work.

No comments: